We are excited to meet and welcome you and your family to our office. We will strive to make this appointment friendly, informative, and efficient. Your first visit will consist of complimentary digital photographs and X-rays and a thorough examination of your bite by Drs. Scot and Barbara O'Donnell. Tooth alignment, jaw position and facial balance will be discussed and treatment options will be presented. This 45-minute appointment is very informative and we encourage all parties involved in the treatment decision to be present so that all questions may be answered completely.
Our treatment coordinator will be available to discuss the financial investment including maximizing insurance benefits. Since most of our patients lead busy lives, time has been allotted in our schedule to complete diagnostic records and to place separators, if you should wish to reduce the number of office visits before braces. By the second visit, you could have braces on!
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can improve?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What payment options exist?